ExploreHD in place of BR2 Camera

Wondering if you would supply camera without housing and potentially bracket to mount on tilt inside BR2 Electronics enclosure.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

We currently sell the HDcam, which is the same camera board as the exploreHD but without the housing! We currently dont have a bracket for mounting inside the Blue Robotics Enclosure but are working on one :slight_smile:

You can see comparison of it with other ROV cameras on our website!

1 Like

Your documentation suggest using fisheye lens for underwater. If mounted in enclosure with dome wouldn’t it be good to use the non-distorting lens for HDcam?

1 Like

Unfortunately, we have yet to find a non distorting lens that works well with our AI TrueColor Technology. It usually produces pink vignetting on the edges and the low light performance of the non distorting lens isn’t the best.

Thus we recommend the fish eye lens that is also used on the exploreHD flat port. :slight_smile:

You could also replace the BR Low Light ELP H.264 stock camera and put it on our camera to see if that works well! :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Do you mean stock lens from BR camera?

1 Like

Yes! Sorry, I mean you can take of the lens from the stock ELP camera and install it on the HDcam. We can also send you 2 lenses if you like to test with your order so you can see which works best!

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks, what time is it where you are? It’s 1 am in Houston. I’m in Mozambique at moment and did expect response for another 10 hrs or so.

1 Like

Any idea on when you might have bracket. Could be couple months before I might integrate into potential sale of ROV I am making.

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, we will try our best to make a bracket as soon as possible. We are currently designing a housing for the camera so that may help with attaching it to the servo and other areas.

Thanks!

1 Like